WordPress powers over 59% of the websites that use a CMS platform.
Enhanced operability and support with a simple interface and ease of use.
It is easy to place widgets on the website through drag-and-drop options. In addition, you can use customization codes to enhance the features according to your understanding and requirements.
In this blog, we’ll show you how to install WordPress automatically and manually, along with a quick tutorial on how to install WordPress on any host.
The best reasons to use WordPress
Here are 5 reasons why WordPress is the best CMS in 2022
- Boosts your SEO with built-in features.
- Easily customizable.
- There are countless themes and plugins available.
- The security is great.
- Integration with other software tools.
- Internet support.
Recommended Hosting Providers
Option 1.0 – Installing WordPress Manually
If you want to understand the basics of WordPress, you can install it manually. Installing WordPress takes only five minutes.
It’s straightforward and similar to installing any other software. Installing WordPress won’t be difficult if you’ve ever installed any computer program.
The following information is needed before proceeding:
- You can use an FTP client or a file manager
- with the latest version of WordPress
First, download the latest version of WordPress from the WordPress.org website.
Upon completing the download, you can upload WordPress files to your hosting account. Your hosting provider may provide you with a File Manager, or you may use an FTP client.
There is no difference in which tool you will use to upload WordPress files, besides ease-of-use. You should only consider the directory where you intend to upload the files.
If you wish to host WordPress on your primary domain name, you should upload the files to the public_html folder; if you wish to host WordPress from a subdomain or subfolder, you should upload the files to the directory you desire.
WordPress stores information in a database. A database must be created. In the MySQL Databases section on Hostinger and another provider, a new database can be created. Make sure you write down the database details because you will need them later.
You can now begin the installation process by visiting your domain name. It will ask you to enter information about your MySQL database, your administrator details, and the site information.
Navigating the WordPress Dashboard
The first thing you should do after installation is log in to the WordPress administrator dashboard.
The login page is usually located on the front page of a WordPress blog. However, some themes don’t have this link. In this case, the easiest way to log into WordPress is to add wp-admin at the end of your website’s address, like this:
http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin http://sub.yourdomain.com/wp-admin http://www.yourdomain.com/blog/wp-admin
You will be directed to the login page where you will need to enter the administrator’s username and password. When you installed WordPress, you entered these details. If you have forgotten your password, click the Lost your password link.
Option 2.0 – Installing WordPress with the Auto Installer on Hostinger
Let’s start with Hostinger’s easy auto-installer – the quickest way to install WordPress. Below are the steps to installing WordPress using Hostinger’s control panel.
- Access Hostinger control panel.
- Click on Auto Installer.
- Look for the WordPress icon and click it.
- Enter the information for your website:
- URL – WordPress should be installed at this URL. If you wish to install it on the root domain name (example.com), then leave it empty.
- Select the language you wish to use.
- Administrator Username – Your WordPress administrator username. Using it, you can access the WordPress admin area.
- Administrator Password – Your WordPress admin password. Using it, you can access the WordPress admin area.
- Administrator Email – Enter your email address.
- Website Title – Enter the title of your WordPress site.
- Website tagline – A short sentence or slogan describing your website’s purpose.
- Press Install button.
It is easy to set up a website with WordPress in just a few minutes. In fact, it is the most popular platform for setting up dynamic e-commerce websites.
Don’t forget to set up an About Me/About Us page for your website. Submit your website to search engines such as Google, Bing, Yandex, and Yahoo.